19 June 2020

Twitter Blog: “Your Tweet, your voice”

There’s a lot that can be left unsaid or uninterpreted using text, so we hope voice Tweeting will create a more human experience for listeners and storytellers alike. Whether it’s #storytime about your encounter with wild geese in your neighborhood, a journalist sharing breaking news, or a first-hand account from a protest, we hope voice Tweeting gives you the ability to share your perspectives quickly and easily with your voice. We can’t wait to see how people will use this to make their voices heard and add to the public conversation.

Maya Patterson & Rémy Bourgoin

Speaking of Twitter, they have been launching features more frequently lately, and this one could be a hit (or a gimmick that nobody uses past the initial excitement). I for one have no desire to put my literal voice on the Internet – not because I wouldn’t have something to say, but I hate how my voice sounds on recording – but I can see people making good use of this, for example journalists for fast reporting, in situations when it’s more convenient to speak than to write.

Fun fact, these audio clips can be up to 140 seconds long, a throwback to the initial character count of a tweet. I am surprised no-one called this micro-podcasting yet!

Post a Comment